Thursday, September 23, 2010

Week 8

I've been feeling pretty good this week.  I haven't been quite as tired in-general, but it really varies from day to day.  I haven't craved much this week, which is good, because if my chick-fil-a milkshake cravings continue, I'm going to be as big as a house!  I'm still nauseous off-and-on, but not too bad.  I feel very blessed because I read that 75% of pregnant women experience morning sickness.  While they include nausea in "morning sickness", mine has been very mild, which I'm very thankful for! 

Jason is coming to terms with the pregnancy a little more each week.  He asked if he can touch my belly to feel the baby (right now it's off limits!) which surprised me a little bit.  Of course he can feel my baby belly... when it's more than just chub :P.  We both still think it's a boy, but I'm 50/50 with using online gender predictors.  I guess we'll see in about 10 more weeks... I can't hardly wait!

My first "official" appointment is tomorrow morning at 8:50.  Jason is going with me and I'm nervous and excited.  They're supposed to do a bunch of testing and also an ultrasound, YAY!!!  That's what I'm most excited about :).  I'm just continuing to pray for a strong healthy baby that is growing like it should be.  I'm hoping to see a little heartbeat action in there too :).

This week's update is from planningfamily.com:

  • Though you might not feel it, your baby, now about the size of a kidney bean (8-11 mm), is moving inside of you! Your baby’s facial features become more obvious this week, as his lips, tongue, nostrils, and buds for teeth have developed. His arms and legs are growing, elbows and knees develop, and his fingers and toes, though still webbed, become visible while any traces of his “tail” are almost entirely gone.
  • This week, your baby’s bones also begin to harden through a process called ossification. Inside your baby’s brain, nerve cells are branching out creating his first neural pathways. And though it’s still too early to discern your baby’s sex, as any external genital organs have yet to develop, an ultrasound at week 8 could detect the beating of his little heart.
I will try to post again tomorrow, possibly with a picture of the ultrasound.  Please pray for a healthy baby in there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment