Wednesday, May 29, 2013

12 Weeks

I've heard from a lot of moms that each child after the first doesn't get as much attention, at least when it comes to prenatal matters.  I really want to avoid that but sometimes I just feel like "been there, done that".  The first pregnancy is so new and exciting and you have your head in baby books from day 1, but you kind-of know what to expect with the second.  Anyway... I'll try to do better about posting weekly updates :).  I think I'll be doing a different format going forward (stealing it from my friend Amy at http://bumpandbabyblog.blogspot.ie/).  So, here we go!

Time Management
I've been struggling with this, especially since my first MBA class started 2 weeks ago.  Pretty much every night has been consumed by reading and homework.  It's only an 8 week class, so I'm already 1/4 of the way through it, but it's killing me, Smalls! (I hope someone gets that reference...).  I'm doing a little better at spreading my time out and I'm trying to help with more things around the house.  I know Jason has been feeling a little overwhelmed with doing everything himself.

Expanding
I can feel my uterus growing and I like it :).  At this stage, it's so hard to know if things are ok so it's nice to know that the baby is growing and that my body is responding the way it's supposed to.  Buttoning my jeans is getting pretty uncomfortable at this point... I'm thinking about trying the belly band.  Anyone recommend?

Weight
I lost 4 lbs between 9 and 11 weeks.  While I still have some nausea, my appetite seems to have returned with a vengeance.  I still can't eat much for each meal but it feels like when I finally do get hungry, I need to eat NOW.  If I don't, I feel like my stomach will eat itself.  I'm trying to make smart choices, though.  I feel like there's a miniature sized doctor on my shoulder warning me about eating too many carbs/sweets/fruit... even though fruit seems to be one of the only things I can eat that doesn't make me nauseous.

Baby
Baby is now the size of a lime and is developing reflexes.  I absolutely love reading about the baby's development.  I look forward to the notifications on my phone each week.  It is now about 2" long and weighs half an ounce.  Tiny little peanut!

No comments:

Post a Comment