Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Appointment Update

Here is a quick update before I go to bed (or just fall asleep on the couch) :).  I went in for my 15 week appointment this afternoon and it was very short and sweet.  I'm always nervous about my blood pressure and even more so now that I want to have a VBAC, so I said a quick prayer on my drive over.  When I got there, they weighed me (every pregnant woman's favorite part) and I have gained 3 lbs in the past 4 weeks.  However, I lost 4 lbs in the 1st trimester so I'm still down 1 lb from my starting weight, yay.  I'm really trying to be good :).  Then the nurse took my blood pressure and it was 110/70, woot!  After that, the doctor came in and went over the results from my ultrasound at the perinatal center a couple weeks ago.  He told me (again) that the perinatal doctors were concerned about the baby having Down Syndrome, even though the Harmony test (which looks at the baby's DNA in my blood) came back with a 1/10,000 chance.  He asked what Jason and I had decided to do about further testing, etc. and I told him we're waiting to see how next week's ultrasound and the 20 week ultrasound goes.  He seemed slightly concerned and asked if we would want to terminate if there was something "wrong" and I said, "no... the baby is coming home with us regardless.  Termination is not an option" so he said that was great and he will support whatever Jason and I choose.  It disturbs me how easily some people come to the decision to abort their own babies... I just don't get it.  Anyway, that's a post for another day :).  They scheduled my next appointment for July 16th and they will schedule the 20 week ultrasound following that appointment.  I thought the doctor said something about doing it around 18 weeks, but that's ok.  We want them to get the best pictures possible and the baby needs to be a certain size, so I'm fine with waiting a couple more weeks *sigh*.  So we should find out what peanut is around the end of July. 

I added a little poll in the top right corner if you would like to choose what gender you think Peanut is :).  I still don't really have any idea so your guess is as good as mine.  You have a 50/50 chance of choosing correctly ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment