Monday, November 11, 2013

35 Weeks

Once again, I'm posting a bit late.  The main thing I've noticed this week is that I'm exhausted, almost to the same level as I was in the first trimester.  At night I have been trying to put my feet up to alleviate some of the swelling and if I don't go upstairs by 10:00, I usually fall asleep on the couch.  It makes sense, though... the baby is getting bigger and my body is preparing for a pretty big job :).

To answer a few questions I've been asked this week:  No, I'm not due sooner.  No, it's only 1 baby.  Yes, I'm ready for her to be born ;).  Baby is about 18" long right now and somewhere around 6lbs.  Her main job for the duration of the pregnancy is to put on weight and let her lungs develop a bit more.  She has been having hiccups quite a bit lately so I think she's in the loop on the lung development thing.

Between Saturday night and Sunday morning, I noticed that she had dropped again.  She seems to be settling into my pelvis now, which hopefully means she is head-down.  I told Jason it feels like she's a gopher trying to burrow her way out.  Even though she has dropped, I'm still not able to breathe very well.  This is due to a combination of her feet being in my lungs and me fighting a chest cold.  Hopefully the latter will pass soon, though.  She seems to be more comfortable because she has been moving around even more than usual the past couple days.  I've been seeing/feeling her poking her feet, knees, and butt out in different spots of my belly.  She appears to be taking after her big brother by sticking her behind out on the right side of my belly.  That was one of Logan's favorite things to do.

Here's the weekly summary:

Contractions: I've been feeling some little ones throughout the week.  Nothing consistent, though.
Cravings: Nothing this week.
Weight:  My total is up to 27 lbs - we'll see how that has changed on Thursday
Swelling:  My feet are still puffy, especially in the evening.
Things to do: Buy furniture and other items from my registry (Target), pre-make meals, pack the hospital bag, pack a small bag for Logan, reinstall the infant car seat, etc....
Heartburn:  It is under control but only because of my friend Zantac.
Stretching: I haven't noticed too much more stretching, but the itching is another story.  Yowza.

My next appointment is on Thursday and I have to be checked for Group B Strep (wahoo).  I'll leave out the details but those of you who have been through it before will know what that means.

If you read this, please keep us in your prayers.  Even though I'm covered by 2 insurances, the medical bills keep rolling in and it doesn't look like I'm going to be eligible for Short Term Disability through my work until January, so I might be without a paycheck at all for a few weeks, depending on when she makes her appearance.  I know everything will work out but it has added a bit of stress that we could really do without :).

Thanks and don't forget to enter your guess in our birth pool.  Time is running out!

No comments:

Post a Comment