Saturday, January 22, 2011

25 Weeks

This week has been a pretty good one with the exception of a couple things.  First, I had morning sickness on Monday and that really stunk.  Second, I've been having a hard time sleeping at night.  I still have back and hip pain, so I've had to figure out a new pillow setup.  I've also been waking up a lot with heartburn or to go to the bathroom.  All of these are normal symptoms, but they're still not fun :).  Oh, I've also been getting some headaches, but from what I've read, that's also normal :P.

My 24 week checkup was on Tuesday morning and that went really well.  I love the doctor I saw that morning (there are a few that I can choose from each time).  She's very sweet and talked to me about the amnio and made sure I would be ok.  She even gave me a hug and told me she'd be thinking about me that afternoon.  She used the doppler to listen to Logan's heart, but she had a hard time finding it.  I knew Logan was fine, because he had been kicking me all morning, but he wasn't cooperating.  She could hear him moving around and when she finally found his heartbeat, he kicked the doppler!  It was really funny :).  The doctor laughed and called him a stinker.  He also kicked the ultrasound 'wand' during my afternoon appointment.  I guess he got tired of being poked :). 

My ultrasound and amnio were Tuesday afternoon, but you can read my separate post for all of that information.  I also posted about the initial results, so I won't go into that here either :). 

Here are the development details for this week:
  • Your baby continues to grow and develop inside of you. Measuring about 13 1/2 inches long, he weighs approximately 1 1/2 lbs. In the coming weeks, your baby will continue to grow and mature at a fast rate, gaining some baby fat and filling out his long, lean frame.
  • As he gains weight, his skin begins to become less wrinkled and he begins to look more and more like a newborn. Also, his skin is finally gaining some color. His hands are fully developed by this week, fingerprints and all! And at 25 weeks, the structure of the spine is beginning to form.
I guess that's about it for now.  I can't believe I only have about 3 months left!  I'm almost to my 3rd trimester :P.  I'll be back again next week to post about the rest of the amnnio results and my 26 week update.  Please continue to pray for these results to be normal and also for Logan to continue growing like he should be :).  Thanks for all of your prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment