Saturday, January 29, 2011

Final Amnio Update & 26 Weeks

As most of you have probably already heard, I got a phonecall from the doctor on Thursday morning with our final amnio results.  As with the first results, these also came out "normal", so Logan has 46 perfect chromosomes :).  We're very happy and relieved to have these results so that we can move on and focus on his heart.  The doctor scheduled the echo ultrasound, which will be done by the cardiologist, for February 14th.  She will be looking at a special sweet heart on Valentine's Day :).  Jason will be in Brazil for work, but his mom said she will go with me.

I'm still feeling a lot of kicking and movement, which is great.  I've been getting a little nervous whenever I don't feel anything for a large part of the day, but I think he's just sleeping :).  I sat on the couch yesterday and watched my belly moving for a few minutes.  It was very very cool to see his kicks from the outside :).

Sleeping at night can still be a challenge, but I keep switching up my pillows, which seems to help.  I've had to start getting out of bed differently for potty breaks.  Since my stomach is growing, I have to swing my legs off the edge of the bed, then boost my upper body with my arms and then I can stand on the floor.  It gets interesting some nights, especially if I'm not quite awake yet, ha :).

It's getting harder to put my socks & shoes on and taking care of my feet is nearly out of the question.  I finally got a pedicure on Friday because my toenails were getting out of control.  I just have to say that even though pedicures are great anytime, they're about 10x better when you're pregnant!  The massage chair nearly put me to sleep and then the foot and leg massage (don't worry, it was a light massage) was amazing!!!  Now I can wear open-toed shoes without cringing whenever I look down... and yes, I can still see my feet when I look down :).

Jason painted the nursery today and it looks great!  Lots of people have asked what we're painting it, etc., so I'll tell you the plan.  He painted it a beige color since I'm not sure how long we'll be in this house and I want to be able to use it for a girl's room someday if we need to.  We're going to put some car-related decals on the wall (cars, trucks, streets, etc.) and I'm going to paint letters in light blue to spell out his name and hang them on the wall.  Other than that, we'll just have furniture in there and that will probably be it.  I'm wanting to get a pack 'n play for downstairs, though, and I'm going to use a jungle theme for that (and his bouncer, swing, etc.).  I'm excited to see it all come together and now that the room is painted, I'm even more eager :).

A few people have made comments lately that I'm "really starting to show".  In my opinion, I've been showing for a few months, but I guess it's pretty obvious now :).  I don't mind at all, because I love being pregnant.  My belly button is starting to push out a little, so I'm sure that'll "pop" soon and even more people will notice my belly.  What I find most funny is that hardly anyone at my work has said anything.  I think they're being careful and they don't want to assume that I'm pregnant, but my belly has grown since I started working there :).  Oh well... I'm sure it'll be pretty obvious to them in the next month or two :).

Welp, I guess it's time for the new developments:
  • Your baby continues to grow and develop inside of you. Measuring about 14 inches long, he weighs just less than 2 lbs!
  • His lungs continue to develop and he is taking small breaths of amniotic fluid inside your womb. These small breaths are getting him in shape for his first breath of fresh air.
  • His veins are visible through his transparent skin but soon that will change as his skin begins to turn opaque.
  • The nerve pathways are becoming more and more developed, making him more responsive to sound. Don't be surprised if you feel him jump inside you if he is startled by a sudden noise.
  • If you're having a boy, his testicles are descending into his scrotum this week.
Sorry that some of the info is a bit TMI, but hey, things have to happen for little boys! :)

Thanks again to everyone for your support and prayers :).  God is so good and we are thrilled to have the results that we prayed for.  Please continue to pray for the hole in his heart to close on its own.  If it doesn't, then that's God's plan, but we will still pray :).

Have a great week and I'll be back for #27!

No comments:

Post a Comment