Monday, January 3, 2011

22 Weeks

This week has been pretty crazy.  I’m feeling pretty good, but my sleep schedule has been way off.  We got home from Oregon at 3am on Tuesday, I went to work on Wednesday and Thursday, Jason had an all-night LAN (videogame) party Thursday night, and then we stayed up until 2am for New Year’s Eve.  I didn’t stay up all night for Jason’s party, but it was slightly difficult to sleep with 10 guys situated around the house, yelling and laughing.  I stayed at the house willingly, though, so I can’t really complain.  When I was asleep, I slept like a log.  It was just hard to get back to sleep if I ever woke up.  Anyway, I think I’m getting closer to being back on a normal schedule. 
My hips aren’t hurting as bad while I sleep, which is nice.  A couple of nights this week it was a different story, but for the majority of the nights it has lightened up a bit.  I really do think that my Snoogle pillow helps me get through the night and Jason has started trying to snuggle with it occasionally (until he gets caught).
I’ve been feeling the baby move more and more this week and I don’t mind at all J.  It’s such a great feeling.  I’m trying to see if I can recognize his sleep patterns, but I think it’s still just a little too early for that.  He does seem to get excited when it’s time for us to go to bed, which kind-of scares me because I’m sure the same thing will happen after he’s born.  I guess I’d better get used to it now.
I went to Target the other day for some groceries and I found myself over in the baby section.  I couldn’t help but buy 3 things… they were all on clearance!  I got a crib sheet, a blanket (so soft!), and a set of 3 bibs.  I’m doing ok at avoiding the clothes, because everybody seems to love buying clothes for showers.  I’m trying to contain myself.
I have another ultrasound this afternoon so that they can get a better picture of the heart and umbilical cord.  Please be praying that the little man cooperates this time!  I certainly don’t mind seeing him again, but I want them to be able to confirm that he’s 100% healthy.
Jason and I are still thinking about names… our favorite first name so far is Logan, but we’re still undecided on middle names.  We have a couple of ideas, but I don’t think we’re ready to announce anything official yet.
And now on to the development details for the week:
  • Your baby continues to grow and develop inside of you. He is now about the size of a small banana, measuring roughly 7 1/2 inches long from head to rump and can weigh up to 12 ounces. In the coming weeks, your baby will continue to grow and mature at a fast rate.
  • By week 22, his pancreas, a key player in hormone production, is developing steadily. His skin may appear wrinkled at this point, but in the coming weeks, he will be gaining enough weight to fill it out.
  • His eyes have developed but his irises still lack color. Even though his irises will have color by the time he is born, you won't know his permanent eye color until he is at least 9 months old. Most parents wait until their child's first birthday to determine what their permanent color will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment