Saturday, July 20, 2013

19 Weeks

I'm back from Oregon and quickly remembering how much I hate Georgia's humidity.  My nose seems to be much more acclimated to it, though, compared to the dry (eastern) Oregon air.  I was fighting a bloody and congested nose the entire time I was visiting my family.  It has gotten much better since getting back, though.

Anyway, it has been a very tiring and busy week.  I got back from Oregon late Tuesday night and had to get up early for work the next day... after losing 3 hours from the time change.  I think I've done surprisingly well adjusting to the change.  I was able to fall asleep at a decent time last night and I woke up at 7:30 without an alarm set this morning.  I'm still tired, but I think my body is just trying to catch up.

Fatigue
That's one thing that has been hitting me hard lately... I feel very drained and fatigued, especially in the morning.  Some days when I walk into work, I feel like I need someone to walk behind me and push me along.

Nausea
I think the Georgia heat combined with the humidity has been making me feel nauseous in the mornings again.  I also have hot flashes with cold sweats in the morning before I leave the house, which makes the nausea even worse.  Bleh.  I'm looking forward to October... hopefully the temperature will cooperate.

Movement
Baby is movin'!  I had my last appointment on Thursday morning, which was great.  The doctor used a Doppler to listen to the baby's heart but couldn't get it right on top of her because she was moving constantly.  All I could do was laugh because it appears that we have another Logan in the works.  I've been feeling her movements a lot more lately and I love it :).  There's no better feeling when you're pregnant!

Weight Gain
1 lb!  I was really worried that I had gained 5 lbs or more over the past month, especially with the way I ate in Oregon, but I have only gained 1 lb in the last 4 weeks :).  I've been trying to eat sensibly... I eat a ton of fruit for my snacks, but every once in a while a girl just needs a burger.  I think it helps that my stomach has been regulating itself so once I'm full, I can't even force myself to eat more.  I just hope I can keep this up for the rest of the pregnancy.  It would be nice to only have 10 lbs or less to lose but I honestly don't see that happening ;).

Nursery
I've come up with the decor theme for the baby's room.  I think I'll have Jason paint the walls a really soft grey and I plan on decorating with pink, turquoise, and white accents... with some chevron prints and I've been looking at cute decals on etsy for the wall.  I'm thinking maybe a tree with some birds or something cute like this.  There are so many things to choose from on Etsy, so I'm hoping one of them will stand out as the winner soon :).  If you have any ideas, please let me know!

Size
Baby is about 6" from head to bottom (not including legs, I guess), which is about the size of a large heirloom tomato... plus legs :).  She should weigh about 8.5oz.  We have an ultrasound next Wednesday so it'll be interesting to see what her estimated weight is then.

Well it's time for bed so I can wake up for church on time tomorrow.  I'll post again after my ultrasound next week :).

No comments:

Post a Comment