Wednesday, July 24, 2013

20 Weeks & Ultrasound update

I'M HALFWAY DONE!!!!  I had to get that off my chest :).  I'm so excited.  To whoever has been pregnant before, I'm sure you know what I mean when I say that every new milestone reached is not only exciting but also a relief.  20 weeks is a big one... 24 weeks is next.  If the baby were to be born at 24 weeks, doctors would legally be required to try to keep her alive.  That one is kind-of happy and sad at the same time, but I won't go into that :). 

Lots of things have been going on this week.  I had my 20 week ultrasound today and it was great.  Jason went with me this time, which was nice.  They confirmed again that we're having a girl (yay!), so I celebrated afterward by buying her a sweater dress :).  It's my first baby purchase this time around and I'm afraid I'm going to go on a baby-clothes-shopping-spree soon.  Someone please stop me.  Anyway, back to the ultrasound... baby girl was moving around a lot so she made it difficult for the doctor to see her heart as well as he hoped, but everything looked good from what he could see.  She "appears" to have a perfect heart, no holes, no artery transposition, etc. which is what we've been praying for.  The doctor mentioned the amniocentesis again but I think the look on my face told him we were still declining because he didn't push it :). 

From the measurements they took, baby weighs approximately 14oz, which is perfect.  They said the baby is usually about a pound around 21 weeks.  I just hope she isn't trying to beat her dad in the birth weight category.  He was 10 lbs 12 oz!!!  Yikes.

I think I mentioned in a previous post that I was feeling movement to the right of my belly button and I wasn't sure if it was baby or digestion (because of my hernia repair sensitivity) but I now know it is definitely the baby.  She is head-up near my right ribs and it feels like she's standing directly on my bladder.  I can't see any movements from outside my belly, but I'm sure that will happen soon.  She seems to be just as active as Logan was.

Other than her weight, she is supposed to be around 10 inches long from head to toe.  She's a growing girl! :)  Based on everything the doctor saw, he said I don't need to come back for another 8 weeks so that will be sometime in September.  Crazy how fast time is flying by :).

Now we just have to come up with a name... some of the ones we've been arguing about are Brinna, Elise, Annabelle, Annalie, Anna/Annie, Suzie, Kendall, Noelle (middle name), Joy, Emmy, etc....  God knows what her name is, so I guess I should just chill out and we will figure it out soon enough :).

Have a great week!  I'll be back next week with the 21 week update.

No comments:

Post a Comment