Friday, July 12, 2013

17 & 18 Weeks

Greetings from Oregon!  Since I'm running behind on posting updates for the past 2 weeks (sorry!), I'm combining them into one post.  If you are my friend on Facebook, you probably already know that I have taken a last-minute trip to Oregon to visit my family so getting ready for this has taken up a lot of time.  On top of that, I finally finished my MBA class (yay!), so that took up quite a bit of time too.

Anyway, not much has happened the past two weeks as far as the pregnancy goes, which is nice.  I have started feeling more movement from baby girl - kind-of like she's rolling around.  I haven't felt kicks yet that I know of, but it's nice to feel her on a regular basis now :).  Here are my updates for the past two weeks:


Rib
When I was pregnant with Logan, he popped one of my ribs out of place.  It started feeling better when he was about a year old, but over the past couple months, it has been hurting really bad because everything is getting pushed up into my ribcage.  I talked to the doctor about it and he said there's nothing that I can really do for it except put heat on it (which is the last thing I want to do in the summer).

Sleep
Just in the past week, sleeping has gotten more uncomfortable.  I'm not sure exactly what's causing it because I'm not in much pain but I think it's a combination of my belly getting more uncomfortable and my mind not shutting down at night.  I keep waking up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep very well.  It doesn't help that I have to get up multiple times every night to go to the bathroom. 

Mental Fog
Work has gotten more challenging lately because I'm tired and also because I can't seem to think as clearly.  Hopefully it'll help now that my graduate class is over but I just can't seem to think straight.  Thankfully my boss has been very tolerant of my blank stares ;).

Baby
Little girl is now the size of a bell pepper and is about 5.5" long and weighs 7 ounces according to my BabyCenter app.  However, at my last ultrasound 2 weeks ago, baby's estimated weight was 6 ounces... I'm hoping she won't turn out being the same size as Jason when he was born (almost 11 pounds!  Pray for me, please ;)).

I have my next appointment next week and another ultrasound the week after that, so I will update after each appointment.  Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment