Sunday, October 20, 2013

32 Weeks

I've been feeling a little better this week... however, as I sit here typing, I'm getting shooting pains from my hips down into my legs (welcome back, sciatic nerve pain).  It seems to come and go as it pleases. 

I had my 32 week checkup on Thursday and it went well.  I gained another couple of pounds, which puts me up to a total of 20 gained.  My blood pressure was 120/70, which is holding steady :).  I asked about my pelvic pain and he said the baby is just getting bigger and lower, which is what I expected to hear.  There's really not a whole lot I can do besides wait it out.

The updates I've read are all over the map as far as the estimated weight of the baby... I'm guessing she's around 4.5 lbs and at least 16 inches long.  My belly is starting to change shape a bit and is dropping.  I already have a long torso, which means I have to wear longer maternity shirts but now I might have to find some tunics or something even longer so my belly doesn't start hanging out like a plumber.  I've also read that the baby can gain half a pound per week from here until she's born, which could possibly put her at 9 lbs, whew.  We'll see how that goes ;).  That reminds me, please enter your birth guesses in my ExpectNet game!  Just click on the icon on the right side of the page... you don't have to register for an account or anything and it's completely free :).

Contractions: I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions just about daily.  They don't cover my entire belly like my labor contractions did with Logan, though.  These are more like spot pains.
Cravings: Nothing this week.
Weight:  My total is up to 20 lbs.
Swelling:  My poor feet have been permanently swollen this week.  They're ok today but I'm sure they will puff up again from sitting at my desk at work all day tomorrow.  My hands have been slightly swollen in the evenings too but they aren't as severe as my feet.
Things to do: Still need to buy furniture and other items from my registry (Target), pre-make meals, write out my birth plan, pack the hospital bag, etc....
Heartburn:  It's been fairly bad this week.  If I don't take something for it twice a day (around 1pm and 10pm) I end up regretting it.
Stretching: There's one specific spot on the left side of my belly that feels like it's stretching constantly and it hurts pretty bad.  I've been using the Burt's Bees Mama Bee Oil on my belly twice daily and I think that has helped with the rest of the stretching, itching, and general discomfort.

That's about it for now.  Will be back in a few days with week 33 :).

No comments:

Post a Comment