Sunday, December 1, 2013

38 Weeks

I'm in the home stretch (pun not intended).  It has been a pretty good and productive week.  My birthday was on Monday (happy 31!) and Thanksgiving was on Thursday so I got to pig out about as much as my stomach allowed me to.  I'm still working full-time so the Thanksgiving break was much needed and I got a chance to relax at home quite a bit.  I'm still really tired but I feel like I got a lot accomplished.  The dresser for the baby's room arrived and Jason quickly put it together.  I took advantage of the long weekend (including Black Friday) to get some of the decorations up and I also sewed two pillow covers (for small throw pillows) and started sewing the last baby blanket.  I did a bunch of laundry and put most of the baby clothes away.  The decals arrived yesterday but we haven't put them on the walls yet.  I'm excited to get them up but need to prep the walls first.

I packed my bag for the hospital as much as I possibly could (still need to throw in phone chargers and other everyday items when the time comes).  I also bought Logan a backpack from a consignment store so that he has his very own bag that's ready for when mommy goes to the hospital.  He loves his backpack and stuffed it full of fruit snacks and juice boxes as soon as I told him what it was for.  Too cute :).  The gift that I ordered for Logan (from baby Elise) arrived in the mail yesterday too and I just need to wrap it and put it in my hospital bag... it's a book that he reads at daycare that he absolutely loves so I think he'll be impressed that Elise knew about it ;).

Jason and I got to go out a couple times this week on "dates" which was nice.  I'm sure it will be a while until we'll get to do that again.  We went to Red Robin for my free birthday burger and then went back again on Black Friday night before going to see Catching Fire.  I enjoyed it :).

Contractions: I've been feeling them multiple times each day but nothing close together or consistent.
Cravings: Not really craving anything but eating a bowl of cereal just about every night.
Weight:  My total is up to 31 lbs
Swelling:  Hands, feet, ankles, etc.  The carpal tunnel is really aggravating and uncomfortable. 
Things to do: Install the infant car seat
Heartburn:  Zantac 2x daily
Stretching: Minimal stretching beyond what I have from Logan.

I go back to the doctor tomorrow (Monday) because my appointment this past Wednesday was canceled.  The doctor had two c-sections scheduled at the last minute but I'm feeling fine so I'm not worried about missing that appointment.

I had to buy some men's slippers this afternoon because I couldn't find any women's in the right size for my poor puffy feet.  I fully plan on wearing them to work and I'm sure nobody will have anything to say about it ;).

I'm closing the baby pool tonight (I forgot to do it earlier this week), so good luck to everyone who has entered a guess :).  The winner will be posted as soon as I can after she's born.  I'm not entering a guess (don't want to mess up the game) but my guess is December 7th (a day that will live in infamy) at 8:15pm, 7lbs 5oz and 20.5" long :).

I will try to post pictures of the nursery when we have more completed (decals on the wall, etc.).  It's going to be adorable! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment