Thursday, October 14, 2010

11 Weeks

Where does the time go???  I can't believe I'm already at 11 weeks :).  It's very exciting to me, except the past few days I've been feeling more nauseous and tired than I was before.  I still haven't thrown up, but there have definitely been times I wish I had because I think I would've felt better.  Ugh.  I hate that feeling.  I took yesterday off and stayed home.  I spent 90% of the day on the couch and 90% of that time sleeping.  I don't know if I've ever slept that much in my life!  Sleeping at night has been difficult, though, because of hip and back pain.  I can't seem to get comfortable.  I'm hoping that I'll get a full body pillow for my birthday next month.  I'll beg for it if I have to!

Along with the basic 1st trimester symptoms, I've also contracted "pregnant brain" or also known as "placenta brain".  I can't seem to form complete sentences or thoughts, I get lost in the grocery store or I completely forget what I'm there to buy in the first place... and I'm basically just zoned out most of the time.  I still crave hamburgers and this week I've been craving eggs and other breakfast foods for every meal.  I also started craving tater tots, so I bought a big bag of them, even though I'll probably just eat a few and be done with them.  My stomach can't seem to make up its mind :P.  My next appointment is next Thursday afternoon and I'm excited to see how things are progressing.  I told Jason last night that I'm over 1/4 of the way through and we both agreed that it's pretty crazy how fast it has gone!  Only 203 days left! :)

I'm starting to get excited about buying baby furniture and picking baby names.  So far, the crib I like most is this one from Target.  It reminds me of a sleigh bed, which I have wanted FOREVER.   As for names, I'm completely lost, so if you have any recommendations, please leave it as a comment! :)

Here is the most recent update on MiniSnooks.  I'm taking facts from a few different newsletters, but hopefully there won't be much repetition:
  • Baby's now the size of a lime!  Your baby currently enjoys a 1:1 ratio between body and head, and has skin so transparent that blood vessels show right through it. But fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and hair follicles, tooth buds, and nail beds are forming -- setting up a significantly more attractive future. (theBump.com)
  • Your baby, about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists and some of her bones are beginning to harden. She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two -- nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming. (babycenter.com)
I keep thinking that I need to start buying the fruit for each week and take a picture of it in front of my belly as it grows :).  Not sure I'll be so excited when it gets to be a watermelon, but I'll tackle that one when the time comes ;).  Anyway, things are still going well and I'm looking forward to week 13 when I'll be in the 2nd trimester (and hopefully away from all the morning sickness/nausea).  Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote in the poll in the right sidebar! :)

4 comments:

  1. Aww, Lex! Congratulations! This is so exciting! Wishing you a wonderful pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chelsea! I'm very excited about it :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super excited for you - planning on using your blog as our trial run since we are trying now too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good :). Good luck!!! Our little "guy" was a surprise, so maybe if you don't think about it too much, it'll just happen ;).

    ReplyDelete