Monday, November 15, 2010

15 Weeks!

I'm doing much better this week than I was when I wrote last week's entry.  I've been applying for jobs, but I'm enjoying my time at home and trying to use it to relax.  Sometimes Jason drives me crazy when he doesn't get stressed about anything, but it has been very refreshing with this situation.  He keeps telling me not to worry and that everything will be ok and we're trusting God to take care of us :).  Oh, and I'm strongly considering applying for a part-time job at Motherhood (maternity store), so please be praying that I'll make the right decision.

Anyway, this has been a pretty good week.  Like I said above, I've been relaxing a lot and sleeping in past 5:45 in the mornings has been great.  I've been getting up when Jason leaves at about 7:00 and I love it.  I haven't been having too many symptoms this week, but the 2 main ones that come to mind are a stuffy nose and hip pain.  My nose feels like it's stuffed up most of the time, but apparently that's due to hormones so there's not much I can do about it.  The hip pain is mainly at night or when I sit in one position for too long.  I've been having trouble sleeping because the pain wakes me up multiple times at night and changing my position doesn't seem to do much.  I'm still hoping I'll get a body pillow for my birthday (in 10 days, yay!).

My next appointment is this Thursday and I can't wait to hear the heartbeat again :).  I can't believe it's been a month since my last appointment.  I'll be 4 months along in just a few days!!!  Craziness.

Here are the growth & development updates.  My emails have described the baby both as a small apple and a naval orange.  Either way you look at it, the bean is growing fast! :)
  • Your little one is now roughly the size of an apple. She is about 4 inches long and weighs about 2 ½ ounces. Her legs are now longer than her arms and her bones are getting harder and stronger!
  • At 15 weeks, her skin is still thin and transparent, but she has developed a thin layer of hair to help protect her body. This layer of hair is called lanugo and it is present on every part of your baby's body, even her finger nails!
  • She is also moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract. This action helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. And even though her eyes will remain fused shut until approximately 26 weeks, she can actually sense light in your womb!
 I can't wait until our ultrasound!  Only a month and 4 days to go :).  I really want to see the baby looking like a baby instead of a cute little bean.  Well, that's all for now.  I'll post the next update this Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment