Monday, November 8, 2010

14 Weeks

I'm now at 14 weeks (actually about 14.5 today) and am feeling pretty great.  I'm not very tired anymore and hardly care what I eat now.  Just about everything sounds good as long as it's food :).  I'm still looking forward to Thanksgiving and I'm surprised I haven't been dreaming about turkey and mashed potatoes.  I still get round ligament pains every once in a while or 'uterus aches', but they aren't nearly as evident as they were in previous months.

While I'm feeling more energetic and not as sick, I've been struggling with a couple of things.  First of all, I'm a natural worrier.  A few weeks ago at work, I bent over to pick something up and then stood up from that bent position and my jeans dug into my stomach.  I'm not sure if I said anything about this before or not, but it felt weird and kind-of hurt.  I know the baby is very protected and there's plenty of cushion down there, but I still couldn't help but think I hurt it.  Ever since then, I've been praying that I'll feel the baby move so that I know everything is ok, but if I do feel something, I'm not sure if it's the baby or if it's my pulse or something else.  I've felt movement a couple of times, but I really don't know what it's supposed to feel like, so I'm still worrying :(.  On top of that, I lost my job last Friday and have been a bit stressed about that.  I know that everything will work out, it's just hard to think about not having a job while we're preparing for the baby to come.  If you could please keep me/us in your prayers, I would really appreciate it. 

As you can probably see above, the baby is now the size of a lemon.  I don't know how a lemon is bigger than a peach, but oh well.  I guess it is ;).  Anyway, here are the growth details for this week:
  • By week 14, your baby is around the size of a lemon, measuring about 3 1/2 inches and weighing 1 1/2 ounces. His body also starts to even out this week, as his arms and head are finally proportionate to the rest of his body. His hands and feet now measure about a 1/2 inch long and are actively punching and kicking inside you. Don't be alarmed if you can't feel this movement, it's too small for you to feel.
  • Your baby is also busy making facial expressions by week 14. He can squint his eyes, and his lips can turn into a frown. His neck has grown longer and his chin starts to take shape. His kidneys can produce urine and his liver has begun to produce bile. His spleen has even begun to help in the production of red blood cells.
Even when times get tough, God is still with me and I'm praying for a happy and healthy baby :).  My next appointment is next Thursday, at 16 weeks.  Please pray that there will be a STRONG heartbeat and lots of movement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment