Saturday, November 27, 2010

17 Weeks

This has been a pretty good week for me.  I started my new temp job and worked on Monday and Tuesday.  Thursday was Thanksgiving and my birthday (yay, #28!), which was great :).  I got to stuff myself with food and then come home and pass out :).  I finally got over my head cold, so I now have a little more energy but I'm still pretty tired most of the time.  I'm still having trouble sleeping, but Jason bought me a Snoogle body pillow for my birthday and I'm just waiting for it to be delivered... hopefully very soon!  I really hope it helps me to sleep through the night.  Sleeping on my sides has started to get uncomfortable, but I can't sleep on my back (it pinches a main blood vein) and I feel weird about sleeping on my stomach.

I had an interview with Motherhood (maternity clothing store) and it looks pretty promising.  I'm just hoping I can work there so I can get a 30% discount on the clothes ;).  They have some really cute stuff that I want :).  Other than that, things have been pretty much the same at home.  I'm only going to be working a few days each week, which is nice for the time being.

I have felt the baby a few times this week and it's so much fun :).  I can't wait until I can feel it more often.  Here are the development details for the week:
  • Your baby is now about the size of a turnip (or onion)! She is roughly 5 inches long and weighs 5 ounces now. That's even more than the placenta weighs.
  • Though no new structures have formed this week, she has developed fat deposits under her skin that will account for about 2-6% of her total body weight at her time of birth, just 23 weeks from now!
  • Her skeleton, which up until this point has been made up of flexible cartilage, is now hardening into bone. Another exciting event…her sense of hearing begins to develop this week!
I guess that's about it for now :).  I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment