Friday, December 10, 2010

19 Weeks

Wowwy, I'm halfway through the pregnancy!  Of course, 20 weeks is the official halfway point, but an email I got this week said so and I may not last the entire 40, so I'm claiming it anyway :).  I've been feeling pretty good this week with the exception of some morning nausea.  I don't know if it's because of anxiety (I've always had a nervous stomach) or if it's morning sickness, but it's worse when I brush my teeth and then when I make my breakfast (or even think about eating).  I haven't gotten sick since last week, though, so I think I can deal with it.  Oh, also my knees have been aching because of the cold weather... I know, I'm old... so sleeping has been kind-of tough again.  My back and hips have been ok, but I don't know what to do for my knees... gah!  Maybe I should just wrap my body in an ice pack :).

There are only 10 days left until the big ultrasound and I'm so excited! :)  Jason says we can come up with some solid baby names after the ultrasound.  I told him we need a backup just in case, but he said if the baby comes out the opposite of what we're told, we'll just name it "Surprise!".... yes, with an exclamation point :).  He came up with a girl name that he really likes, but we're still pretty undecided on both boy and girl names.  Hopefully we'll have one figured out by the time he/she gets here ;).

I got a few new items of clothes this week:  3 sweaters and 2 bras (thank God)(sorry if there are any guys reading this).  I just love maternity clothes.  I think I could wear them forever, but Jason probably wouldn't really like that.  Maybe I'll just hold onto them for future Thanksgivings ;).  Anyway, I don't have much else to write about so here are the development details for this week:
  • Your baby is now around the size of a mango or large tomato. He is approximately 6 inches long and weighs almost 8 1/2 ounces now!
  • This is a very important time in terms of sensory development. Inside your baby’s brain, certain areas are being specialized for smell, touch, taste, hearing and vision.
  • Another big development in the last week, hair may finally be sprouting from his scalp.
  • By 19 weeks, the uterus is developed in the female and the testes and penis are easily identifiable in males. It may also be time for your ultrasound, so if you don't wish to know the sex of your baby, be sure to make it clear to the ultrasound technician to avoid any unwanted information!
 I'm still not feeling baby movements every day, but I do feel them, which is good enough for me :).  It's always a nice surprise to feel him/her doing somersaults.  It's a bit inconvenient when I'm at work, because I stop what I'm doing so I can concentrate on the movements, but I really don't mind :).  I can't wait until Jason is able to feel the baby too.  Hopefully that will come soon!

I'll post my week 20 update next week and then hopefully I'll have time to write a special post after our ultrasound on Dec. 20th... I'll have lots of pictures and info to share! :)  Have a great week, everyone :).

No comments:

Post a Comment