Monday, December 20, 2010

Ultrasound - It's a BOY!!!

What a great experience :).  While quite uncomfortable, the ultrasound was amazing!  It's hard to know where to start :).  The ultrasound technicians jumped in and started right away, which is much different than my regular checkups.  They started by taking measurements of the organs, bones, skull, brain, etc. and yes, they even counted to make sure he has 5 fingers on each hand ;).  The baby was being extremely difficult, though, because he kept moving the entire time!  Every time they would try to freeze the screen to take a measurement, he would move.  It was pretty funny.  They seemed to get a little frustrated a couple times, but we just laughed because we're the ones who get to raise him ;).  I always knew our kid would be stubborn!  It was so much fun to see the baby moving around, putting his hands in front of his face, kick, and everything else.  I had to laugh because I had told Jason quite a few times that it felt like the baby was doing log-rolls in my tummy... well, I was right!  He was sure having fun in there :).  Anyway, the technician said that all the organs and everything look like they're about 20 weeks along, so I guess my due date hasn't changed (I'm 20 weeks 3 days today).  We got quite a few clear looks at the sexual organs and it's definitely a boy.  Jason was very excited to find out his instinct was right ;). 

We would've been happy even if it was a girl, but just knowing is great because now we can focus on one gender and plan accordingly.  I can pick out cute little boy clothes for him to get dirty, toys, nursery decor, and best of all - a name!  We'll be working on picking it out while on the plane to Oregon tomorrow :).  Once we decide, I'm sure we'll share... but in the meantime, if you have any ideas, please let us know!  Just don't go too crazy ;).  Thanks to everyone who voted and I'll try to come up with another poll soon :).  Have a great Christmas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment