Monday, December 20, 2010

20 Weeks

I'm officially officially halfway there! :)  Since this entry is 3 days late (and I have to post info on my ultrasound), I'm going to make this brief-ish :).  This week was a pretty good one.  I'm feeling the baby more and more, which is awesome.  It's always comforting to feel it move around.  I keep telling Jason it feels like the baby is doing log-rolls in my tummy, ha :).  He has been trying to feel some movement by touching my bump, but it's still a bit too early for that.  I'm hoping he'll be able to feel something soon.

My biggest problem this week has been hip and knee pain at night.  I'm still using my Snoogle pillow, which really does help me to get comfortable, but I keep waking up with achy pains that won't go away no matter what position I'm sleeping in.  I'm sure that's pretty normal during pregnancy, so I'm just trying to deal with it as much as I can.

Ok, here's the development information for this week:
  • Your baby is now about the length of a banana (thebump.com says the size of a cantaloupe!). Can you believe it? He is now around 6 ½ inches long and weighs almost 10 1/2 ounces!
  • Your baby can also hear sounds. At 20 weeks, he can cover his ears with his hands if the sounds are too loud and he may even "jump" inside your womb if any sounds startle him.
  • He is also moving around a lot inside you. Remember, if this is your first pregnancy or if you have a larger frame, you may not yet feel these movements. If you haven’t felt anything yet, you should in the coming weeks. Many times, these first movements are described as a flutter, or may feel like bubbles or gas. If you can feel your baby moving and shifting inside of you this week, you may be becoming aware of his sleep cycles.
I'm still amazed by the miracle of life and I pray every single day for a strong and healthy baby :).  Next up:  THE ultrasound :).

No comments:

Post a Comment