Tuesday, December 28, 2010

21 Weeks

Once again, I'm sorry this is a few days late, but I was busy relaxing with my family last week ;).  I'm now at 21.5 weeks and I'm getting more and more excited :).  I'm feeling Mr. Baby more and more... he's an active little guy!  I got a phonecall from my doctor while we were in Oregon and she said that I need to get another ultrasound so that they can get a better picture of his heart and the umbilical cord.  She said that doesn't mean anything is necessarily wrong, they just couldn't get a good picture last time because he was moving so much.  I don't have a problem with it at all... just means I can see my little guy again :). 

We flew up to Boise on Tuesday and that was a different experience.  We didn't have to go through the new xray machines, which was good (I wouldn't have anyway), but I had a head cold and it zapped every bit of energy that I had left.  We also had to deal with the time change on top of our trip taking about a total of 18 hours.  It was rough :P.  My family was great about letting us sleep in and relax while we were there, though.  I just hope we didn't take advantage too much ;).  Our trip back to GA was even longer (about 20 hours), but it's more of the same (sick, tired, etc.) so I won't go into it :).  Spending Christmas with my family was really awesome, though, and if necessary I would've driven the entire way just to be there :).

Besides having a head cold, I've been feeling pretty good.  The only problems I'm still having are hip and back pain.  I'm not sure if I can do anything about them, but I'll try just about anything (safe) at this point.

I had my first baby shower the day after Christmas and it was so much fun!  There were only about 8 or 9 people total, but that didn't matter... we had some good conversations and they more than blessed us with gifts!  We got lots of adorable baby clothes, blankets (made by my mom & sister), a monitor, gift sets, bibs, a diaper bag, etc. etc. etc.  Our kid is going to be the best looking boy in Georgia! :)  Now that I know we're having a boy, it's going to be really hard to resist the cute clothes whenever I go into Target.  Maybe I'll allow myself to buy 1 outfit per month or something ;).

Jason and I have been discussing name possibilities and I think we came up with a solid choice this afternoon.  I really want to tell people, but we're going to sleep on it and see what we think in the next day or two :).  As soon as I can, I'll let everyone know :).  I'm so excited to start using his name when I talk to him :).

Anyway, here are the growth/development details of the week:
  • Your baby continues to grow and develop inside of you. He now measures approximately 7 inches long and can weigh up to 10 ounces. In the coming weeks, your baby will continue to grow and mature at a fast rate.
  • The hair on his scalp is more visible and by week 21 he has probably developed eyelashes and eyebrows!
  • He is waking and sleeping in regular intervals, which you may be able to tell from his movements. He is also swallowing amniotic fluid to help his digestive system mature for life in the "outside world". His intestines also start slowly relaxing and contracting this week.
  • Notice any small, repetitive movements in your abdomen? It may be his first case of the hiccups! Usually, these movements occur for a few minutes at a time. As your baby grows larger, these movements will feel stronger. And remember, all babies are different, some hiccup multiple times a day, and others, only once in awhile.
I think that's about it for now.  Please be praying for our name choice and for the upcoming ultrasound.  Thanks for stopping by! :)

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you are resisting the cute boy clothes. :) I can barely do so and we're not even pregnant yet!

    ReplyDelete