Tuesday, March 1, 2011

30 Weeks

Wow, only 10 to go!  Time is flying by :).  This week was pretty good considering Jason was gone for most of it.  I've been getting really tired lately (especially since the dog keeps waking me up at night) and haven't gotten a chance to catch up on any sleep I've missed.  Jason left Brazil on Friday and finally made it back to Atlanta on Saturday.  I'm SO glad he's home :).  Life is so much easier with him here and I feel a lot safer.  One night this week, the dog and I kept hearing noises in the house and I was very freaked out.  I ended up locking both of us inside the bedroom, I left the tv on, and put our gun under my side of the bed.  I prayed a lot and finally fell asleep, but I didn't sleep well at all.  I'm sure the sounds were nothing to worry about, but I just hate being in the house alone at night.

I went to a consignment in east Atlanta on Friday night with my friend Christina and I was a bit disappointed in it.  I expected them to have a lot more furniture and other items that were on my list (dresser, crib mattress, glider, etc.), but they either had none or only a few that weren't in the shape I wanted.  I did end up getting a boppy pillow and breast pump, though.  I just need to replace the accessories to the pump and I'll be good to go.  I bought it for $50 and it was on my registry for $280, holy moley!

I don't think I have much more to talk about right now, so I'll keep it short.  Here are the development details for this week:
  • Your baby continues to grow and develop inside of you. Measuring close to 15 1/2 inches long, he weighs about 3 lbs. He now almost fills up your entire uterine cavity and his arms and legs have grown much plumper, thanks to the continued growth of subcutaneous fat.
  • By 30 weeks, his eyelids open and close. He will keep his eyes closed for most of the day though. When his eyes are open, he will be able to track light inside of your womb, though his vision isn't "perfect" or 20/20. Lanugo, or fine hair that once covered his body, will start falling off this week.
  • In the coming weeks, the volume of amniotic fluid in your belly will decrease as your baby continues to gain weight and take up more space.
Please don't forget to enter your guess for Mr. Logan's birthdate/weight/length, etc.  Just click on the banner on the right of my blog and it will take you where you need to go.  You don't need to register to enter guesses.  And you can enter as many times as you want! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment