Wednesday, March 30, 2011

34 Weeks

Once again, I'm posting late, so I apologize but a lot has happened in the past week!  First of all, I got a job offer!  Jason and I were both pretty surprised that they called me.  I had an interview with this company a couple of weeks ago and I never expected to hear back from them just from the fact that I'm 8.5 months pregnant :P.  The HR manager called me on Tuesday morning with a verbal offer and I accepted :).  I went in on Friday morning to fill out some employment paperwork and assuming everything goes through ok, I should be starting either this Friday or next Monday.  I had to take a drug test and physical this Tuesday and those were the last steps of my pre-employment screening.  I'm hoping I will get the "ok" from the company soon so that I can formally announce the company and position :).

Jason and I went on a little "babymoon" trip to Savannah over the weekend.  We left around lunchtime on Friday and got there just in time for dinner.  We didn't have any set plans for the weekend, which was nice :).  We basically did whatever we wanted to.  This mostly involved walking within about a half mile radius of our hotel, visiting a lot of little shops, and eating a lot of good food :).  I got tired pretty fast most of the time, but Jason was great about walking suuuper slooooow for me.  I think we both had a really good time.  My favorite part was just spending time with Jason, since when we're at home we're usually busy with work or doing stuff around the house and rarely just sit down together.  We drove back on Sunday afternoon and have been playing catch-up ever since.

Our main priority is getting the nursery set up right now.  I ordered some replacement parts for our crib and they should be here in a day or two.  Once we get those, we (ha... I say "we", but I know it will be Jason) will put it together.  I bought a crib mattress on Monday, so now Logan will have a place to sleep, yay!  We just need a dresser and glider/rocker and the nursery should be set :).

I packed Logan's hospital bag last week for our trip, so if you'd like I can do a post on the items that are in it.  I might switch a few things out after my baby shower this weekend, but everything should be pretty much the same.

I got my teeth cleaned on Monday morning and the hygenist said that I have a mild case of "pregnant gingivitis", which is pretty common at this stage in pregnancy.  My gums have been bleeding a little and are more sensitive than usual, but she said it should go away soon after Logan is born.  I had my 34 week prenatal checkup on Monday afternoon with a midwife that I hadn't met yet and it went pretty well.  She tried listening to Logan's heartbeat, but as usual, he was difficult and was moving around the whole time.  He even kicked the doppler, which she laughed about.  She said it's a great thing that he's so active.  The only not-so-good thing about that appointment is that my blood pressure was a little high.  I don't think it's necessarily preeclampsia, because there are a few symptoms that I don't have, but she was a little concerned.  I have an ultrasound tomorrow (Thursday) and she said if my blood pressure is still elevated then I need to come back and see her again next week.  I'm praying that it will go back to normal, because I don't want any complications!  I definitely don't want something to happen that will require a c-section.

I keep telling people that Logan has been all knees and elbows lately.  He's definitely getting bigger and it feels like there's a big baby inside of me, imagine that :).  Whenever he moves, I have a pretty good idea of which body part I'm feeling... usually it's a foot, knee, or his butt, but every once in a while I'll feel his hands and elbows.  I think I felt his head last night too.  I think he might be starting to "drop" a little bit, which I'm looking forward to.  I assume that's why my pelvis has been hurting more lately.  I do seem to have a tiny bit more breathing room, though, which is nice.

I've been getting a lot of looks from strangers lately.  Yesterday, a woman at the post office saw my belly and said "ooh, you're almost there!"  I smiled and said, "yeah, only 5 weeks left".  She asked if I've had any problems and I said no and then she said "well you're glowing!"  Ha... it was interesting, but she was sweet :).  At least she didn't come up and start grabbing at my belly.  That would've been a bit too much :).
Anyway, here are the development details for this week:
  • Your baby continues to grow and develop inside of you. Measuring about 17.5 inches long, he now weighs over 5lbs! And from this week, until 2 weeks before birth, he will continue to gain about a half pound of weight every week. Unlike the first trimester, the weight between all babies in the third trimester is much more variable. Some babies weigh more and are taller; some babies weigh less and are shorter.
  • Also unlike the first trimester, by week 34 not much is changing. Your baby continues gaining weight through the development of subcutaneous fat and with that weight, is probably gaining strength in his movements. You may even be startled by a sudden jab to the ribs or be able to see a punch to your belly from the outside!

I will post a combined update for my ultrasound and 35 weeks this weekend.  I'll let you know how big my little snugglebug is... I'm so excited to see him again! :)  Thank you for your continued prayers.  If you could, please put in an extra request for my blood pressure.  I want labor and delivery to go as smooth as possible and I also don't want to be put on bedrest, especially after just accepting a job offer.  Also, keep posting your guesses in our baby pool... just click on the banner in the upper right part of the blog and it will take you there :).  Hurry, because he could be here anytime!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment