Friday, March 4, 2011

31 Weeks

Holy smokes, time is flying!  I'm now into single digit weeks-til-my-due-date!  I can't believe it :).  This was a pretty decent week with the exception of a few things.  First, my head cold got worse and now I'm fighting a sinus infection.  Second, I've gotten more and more tired and it seems like smaller tasks are taking more energy to complete.  My lungs are nice and squished, so I sound like I ran a mile after walking across the room :).  Finally, my feet and ankles have been swelling up a bit for the past few weeks and I just plain don't like it.  It comes with the territory, though, so I'll get over it :). 

I had my 30 week checkup on Tuesday and it went well.  I met another midwife and she was very nice.  It was a bit awkward, though, because I don't think she was any older than me so it was just... different.  I've seen plenty of movies where the patient asks "how many babies have you delivered?" because the doctor is so young and inexperienced, but I never thought I would want to ask a doctor/midwife that question ;).  Anyway... if she's the midwife on call when I go into labor, I'm sure she'll do a great job :). 

So far my total weight gain is 16lbs and I'd really like to keep the total under 20.  Logan should gain another 4+ pounds, though, so I'll have to be careful with what I eat.  I'm also trying to go on walks whenever I can, but sometimes I get cramps or pains afterward.  There seems to be a fine line between getting exercise and pushing myself too far. 

Logan has been pretty active, especially since Jason got home.  He hasn't been doing much today, though, so I'm praying that everything is alright.  Maybe he's just in a different position that I'm not used to.  He had the hiccups when I woke up this morning.  It seems like a lot of pregnant women are annoyed by baby hiccups, but to me it's just another indication that he's doing well. 

We have another ultrasound near the Children's Hospital of Atlanta on Monday.  Afterward we'll meet with a surgeon for a consultation.  I'm praying that Logan's heart and arteries are developing like they need to so that the surgery will be minimally invasive.  Ideally he wouldn't have to have surgery at all, but we're leaving that in God's hands.  I will try to post an update when we get home.  In the meantime, we would really appreciate your prayers!

I think that's about all I have for now, so here are the development details:
  • Your baby continues to grow and develop inside of you. Measuring approximately 16 inches long, he weighs about 4 lbs. 4 whole pounds, wow! And from this week, until 2 weeks before birth, he will gain about a half pound every week.
  • As you've probably noticed, he is moving around quite a bit in there! It's not uncommon for his continuous movements, which may feel like somersaults, to be keeping you up at night. His arms, legs and body are also filling out as he continues to develop fat underneath his skin, making those kicks and prods feel even stronger than last week. You may even see an arm or a foot move slowly across your belly!
As always, thanks for reading and for keeping Logan (and us) in your prayers :).  Don't forget to enter your birth guesses in our 'baby pool'... just click on the banner on the right side of the page.  

No comments:

Post a Comment