Thursday, August 1, 2013

21 Weeks

It has been an interesting and very productive week.  I'm not even sure where to begin!

My dad had to go back to the hospital last Saturday morning because of more complications related to his antibiotics.  Thankfully he got to go home a couple of days ago, but it's still hard not being closer and able to help him and my mom.  Anyway... I also started my first registry for little miss girl on Saturday at Target (will post a link soon) and I brought Logan with me to "help".  He was a pretty good boy but I had to let him hold the scanner gun a few times to keep him happy :).  I don't think he registered for anything crazy, though.

On Sunday (I think), I brought out my scarf fabric and started looking at newborn hat patterns that I could easily make myself.  Logan had a lot of cute hats that he wore for the first month or so, but I wanted to make some more unique ones for this baby.  I might even make her some coordinating booties and/or mittens.  I made a new cover for my Snoogle full-body pregnancy pillow and now I'm looking at making some Boppy pillow covers :).  I guess I'm in sewing-nesting mode right now because that's just about all I want to do in my spare time.  I'm excited about it because I have a sister-in-law and a good friend who are also expecting in a couple of months so I plan on whipping up some cute things for them too ;).  I'll be posting more pictures on my Facebook page if anyone wants to see what I'm making.

On to the weekly highlights:

Movement
Little girl is moving a lot!  At the last ultrasound, her head was up near my right ribs but I think she has changed positions quite a few times this week.  Some of her movements are so big that I keep thinking I should be able to feel them on the outside of my tummy, but not yet.  Hopefully that will happen soon so Jason and Logan can experience them with me :).

Discomfort
That's an understatement.  As I said, I think she has moved, probably toward the left side of my belly because my rib has been hurting really really bad this week. I've only taken Tylenol for it a couple of times (I'd rather not take medicine if I don't absolutely have to), but it has been very uncomfortable and painful.  Sleeping has also gotten more uncomfortable.  As I said above, I made a new cover for my Snoogle pillow, so I've started sleeping with it again and I think it has helped a little but I still wake up with a sore back.  I have to be careful when rolling over in bed now, because if I don't support my belly or if I roll the wrong way, my round ligaments get pulled and I wake up from the pain (and so does Jason) ;).

Appetite
Holy hunger pains, Batman!  Over the past few days, my stomach has been growling constantly.  It seems like 15 minutes after I've eaten a meal, I'm hungry again.  I'm hoping my metabolism is working efficiently enough to keep me from gaining a bunch of weight, but I'm still a little worried.  Yesterday I made the mistake of drinking a chick-fil-a milkshake after work and I suffered the consequences of it all throughout the night.  I think it's safe to say either I still have some issues with lactose or chick-fil-a uses something strange in their milkshakes that my body didn't like.  Either way, I think I'll just avoid them in the future :).

Baby
Baby is about a pound this week and 10.5" long from head to toe.  I don't think I trust my baby app to be exactly accurate when it comes to the weight and length so I think I'll just follow what the doctor told me last week. 

My next appointment is next week after which I will be scheduling my glucose test (yay).  I will try to post an update after the appointment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment