Sunday, September 15, 2013

27 Weeks

This has been a very busy week!  And I probably mention this a lot, but the weeks just seem to be flying by... in 3 days I'll be in my 3rd trimester, wowwy.

I got the results from my glucose test and they were fine, yay!  It's always nerve-wracking when you have to take tests like this and you have no control over the outcome.  I'm glad I don't have to worry about it for the remainder of the pregnancy, though.  I have my next appointment and ultrasound on Wednesday.  Hopefully they'll go well because I scheduled them back-to-back and I don't want to be stressed out or late. 

I went to a baby shower for my friend who is due in October and it was so much fun :).  We got some cute belly pictures together and I had a nice time catching up with my college friends.

Appetite:
I haven't been overly hungry lately or nauseous.  I think my appetite has leveled out a bit.  Hopefully that will reflect on the scale on Wednesday ;).

Contractions:
According to my weekly updates, I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions for a while now, but haven't noticed them yet.  Hopefully I won't notice them for another month or two.

Pain:
This sciatic nerve pain is ridiculous.  When I sit on the couch, I feel fine but when I try standing up or walking, I feel like an old man.  I have shooting nerve pain through my hips and down into the back of my thighs.  It's very annoying.  I thought about taking a bath tonight but I doubt there's much that can actually relieve the pain.  It has even made sleeping a challenge.

Movement:
This little girl is very busy.  I woke up at 2:30 this morning to use the bathroom and when I got back into bed, she started kicking really hard.  I didn't get back to sleep until 3:00 or later because of it.  She especially seems to like when I eat because she starts kicking and rolling around about 5 minutes after I eat anything.

Belly:
I've had SO many comments this week from people I know as well as strangers making comments about my belly.  It starts with "how much longer to you have?" or "when is your due date?" and when I tell them I have 3 months left, their response is "wow.... are you sure there's only one? " or "oh wow, you're already huge!" and I have to bite my tongue to avoid making a rude response.  Let me just put this out there.... the responses above are some of the most insensitive and hurtful that people can say.  I'm not a rude person but I'm almost to the point where I don't care about offending someone with my response.  That's all I'll say about that... for now.

Nursery:
Jason (and Logan) surprised me by painting the nursery yesterday.  The color is a bit different than I wanted, though.  I was wanting a soft grey and we chose one that looked like it had a tiny bit of a soft lavender tone to it but when I saw the finished product it looked a lot more lavender than I wanted.  I'll have to go back in the room to see it in different lighting but either way I can work with the color.  The room just might have more purple than I had originally intended :).

Nesting:
I haven't really done much of any nesting lately.  I bought some fabric to sew a couple of Boppy covers, a nursing cover, and a blankie, but the sciatic nerve pain has kept me from doing much cleaning.

Name:
We're still mulling over a couple of names.  So far we're pretty set on the first name being Elise, but are still talking about the middle name.  I just suggested a new middle name today and got a good response, so we'll see what happens :).  I'll let people know as soon as we know!

That's it for now, I think... like I said, it has been a busy week.  I'm looking forward to the 3rd trimester, though!  Only about 12 weeks left :).

No comments:

Post a Comment