Thursday, September 5, 2013

26 Weeks

This pregnancy has been so different than my first.  I have enjoyed looking back at my posts from when I was pregnant with Logan to see what happened then for a comparison to where I am now.  In my 26 week post with Logan I was consumed with the genetic testing results following the amniocentesis I had.  I know I was feeling a whirlwind of emotions at the time and, even though we were trusting God to take care of everything, it sometimes took the joy out of my pregnancy.

This pregnancy has had its moments but I feel so much more comfortable emotionally.  Even though the doctors have warned us that there are still risks of there being a "genetic" issue we're still praying and believing in total health for our little girl.  Anyway.... I just had to throw this in there... typing as I think :).

I had my 26 week checkup today and it went fairly well.  I had to drink the glucose solution this morning at 8 for my appointment at 8:30.  My blood pressure was 110/70, which is still great.  I have gained another 6 lbs, which puts me at a total of 10.  I should only gain another 10-20 but I think that's totally doable.  The doctor easily found her heartbeat with the doppler and it sounded really good :).  I asked him a few questions about sciatic nerve pain, seeing sparkles, and losing my eyelashes and he said nothing could really be done about any of them :P.  At 9:00, I had to get my blood drawn to check for gestational diabetes and the nurse had to stick both of my arms in order to get a vein (even after I warned her that I have rolling veins).  I should get the results back early next week unless something is wrong, but I'm really hoping I won't get an early phonecall.

My fingers have been swelling up a bit at night so I've had to take my wedding band off.  I'm still wearing my engagement ring and hopefully I won't have to take it off for a long time (if at all).  My feet haven't been too bad until tonight.  I went to the grocery store after work, picked Logan up from daycare, came home and made dinner, then cleaned the kitchen and my feet look like latex gloves that have been blown up like balloons :P.  Jason rubbed them for a while, but I think I just need to go to bed and prop them up a little.

I started taking a new prenatal vitamin tonight from the Rainbow Light brand.  We'll see how they work.  I took it a couple hours after dinner so I'm hoping it won't upset my stomach.  I'm hoping they will give me more energy during the day.

I've been feeling more and more pregnant.  I think it's a combination of the August heat and the extra weight I've gained (from baby growing and everything else).  Regardless, I've been pretty worn down and generally tired.  The doctor said my iron will be tested along with my glucose so if my iron is low hopefully it can be easily remedied.

I have gotten to the point where I will be going to the doctor every 2 weeks instead of 4.  I can't believe I'm already this far along.  Before I know it, I'll be going every week, agh!  And I feel like I have so much more to do before little miss arrives.  I have 14-ish weeks left so hopefully more nesting will kick in soon :).

Well, I'm fighting a headache so I'm going to give in and go to bed.  Will be back next week with another update.

No comments:

Post a Comment