Friday, September 27, 2013

29 Weeks

Wow, every time I sit down to write a new post, I feel like the week has flown by... and here I am at 29 weeks!  It still seems like my due date is pretty far off (about 11 weeks away... after Thanksgiving) but at the same time, I know the weeks will go by really quickly. 

This week has been a pretty good one.  We've been trying to go on family walks at night since the weather has cooled off considerably.  They're pretty relaxed walks but they're walks nonetheless :). 

A few things that I've noticed this week are:

Heartburn
I've had heartburn almost daily for the past month (at least) but it has gotten worse this week.  If anyone knows of any home/natural remedies that I can try, please let me know!

Aches
My legs have been kind-of achy a few times this week, almost how your muscles can feel when you have a fever.  When his happens, I just try to stretch them out but that doesn't seem to help.  I haven't experienced it the past day or two, so hopefully it was just a random thing that won't come back.  Another pain/discomfort that seems to be back is my rib pain.  I don't think it will ever get completely better until after she is born.  I might have to go back to the chiropractor to get it pushed back into place.

Swelling
I think I have to say goodbye to my ankle bones until after the baby gets here because my ankles and feet have been puffing up quite a bit this week.  As long as my blood pressure stays within a normal range, my doctor doesn't seem to be overly concerned about it.  It just means I have been spending a lot of time after work with my feet up on the couch... and at work, I've been putting my feet up on a pulled-out desk drawer.  The men at work know that it's in their best interest to not say anything about it ;).

Nursery
I'm slowly getting items together to decorate the nursery.  I will try to post pictures in my next weekly post if anyone is curious about the 'theme'.  I'm excited to see how it all comes together :).

Sleep
Basically I'm not getting much of it.  I keep waking up because I'm uncomfortable, I have acid reflux, I have to go to the bathroom, etc.  Also, Logan has been waking up more frequently in the middle of the night so I've been getting up to snuggle him and put him back to bed.  I don't know if it's an attention thing or what but hopefully it's just a phase that passes quickly.  Also, I've been snoring lately which has been hard on Jason (poor guy) and Breathe Right nasal strips don't seem to be helping much. So whenever I wake up for one of the aforementioned reasons, I feel guilty about keeping Jason awake from my snoring which makes me sleep lighter because I'm trying to make a conscious effort to not snore.  Ugh. 

Missing Feet
My belly has officially caused my feet to disappear, which is really saying something when you consider that I wear size 12 shoes.  I told Jason the other day "I feel like I'm following something" when I walk around because my belly is quite prominent.  My boss was cracking up the other day while watching me attempt to put socks on.  I guess he can laugh all he wants... because I'll be laughing while I'm on maternity leave, thinking about the amount of work he gets to do ;).  Anyway, my belly has a definite presence :).

I think that's about all for now.  My next appointment is on Wednesday so I'll post an update soon after that :).

No comments:

Post a Comment