Saturday, September 21, 2013

28 Weeks - Introducing: Elise Rose

Happy 3rd trimester to me!

And I think we've finally settled on a name, folks!  We have gone back and forth (and back and forth and...) on the name over the past few months and keep coming back to Elise.  Jason first thought of the name while thinking of a Lotus Elise (yes, a car) when I was pregnant with Logan and when we looked it up, it means "consecrated to God".  Wanting to have a little more detailed definition, I looked up 'consecrated' and here are a couple of the main definitions: to make or declare sacred; set apart or dedicate to the service of a deity. to devote or dedicate to some purpose.  Now, I believe that everyone has been given a special purpose but I pray and believe that this little girl will be set apart to serve the Lord.  As for the middle name, we had originally chosen Noelle since she will be born in December and I've always loved that name but it just didn't feel right.  I was thinking about it earlier this week and my mom's middle name, Rose, just seemed to fit and gave me the warm fuzzies.  Jason says her first and middle names are too pretty to yell together, but so is Elise Noelle so we'll just have to get over it ;).  I will probably end up calling her Ellie or Leesie or something like that but we're pretty confident that her name is now set :).

On to this week's happenings.  I had my 28 week checkup on Wednesday immediately followed by another ultrasound.  I saw another OB doctor (there are 3 at the practice I go to) and she was super nice.  She said she had looked at my glucose test results and I did awesome... she measured my fundus (?) and said my belly was right on track for being 28 weeks along.  In total, I have gained about 15 pounds and she said that's perfect for where I am and my blood pressure was still around 110/70, which is great.  The ultrasound was just as good if not better.  They checked all of the baby's measurements and she is measuring right on track (or possibly a few days ahead).  Her estimated weight is 2 lbs 13oz and we saw her moving and kicking, clenching her fists, and I think she even blinked a couple of times.  The doctor spent quite a bit of time looking at her heart and we could see the 4 chambers and he said the arteries were in the perfect position and the blood was flowing correctly.  Having experienced everything we have with Logan's heart, those words were especially comforting.  At the end of the ultrasound, the doctor said that everything looks perfect and he sees no need for me to come back unless my OB says otherwise.  With Logan, I had ultrasounds as frequently as my OB appointments, so it will be a strange yet nice change to not have all the extra appointments :).  I kind-of have the strange feeling of, "wow, this is normal!" I'm feeling very blessed right now :).

Movement
As usual, this girl is very active.  I keep thinking she's doing jiu jitsu or flashdance or something in there.  This afternoon I felt a foot move about 4" across my belly.  She's currently head-down so she's been punching my bladder and kicking at everything else :).

Appetite
My appetite is pretty normal, I'd say.  I've been eating regular snacks between meals but I haven't been seriously pigging out.  I've been enjoying fresh pineapple but I think I might have an allergy to it because after I eat it, part of my tongue gets red and swollen and it hurts for about a day.  Not sure what that means, but I guess I'll avoid eating it for a while.

Size
I might just exclude this from future posts because it's going to be the same every week.  My belly is large and in charge.  I get comments almost daily from people I know as well as complete strangers.  I'm trying to keep a level head about it because it's nothing I can really control.  I'm just thankful that I'm healthy and she's healthy.  I feel very secure with my body while I'm pregnant because I feel like my body is doing everything it needs to in order to bring a healthy baby into the world.  I just look like I'm smuggling a basketball :).

Contractions
Nothing yet that I can think of.  I thought I was maybe having some the other day but I kinda forgot that I had eaten an ice cream bar and... I'm a bit lactose intolerant when it comes to certain dairy products.  I texted Jason about it (he was in Boston) and he said "trust me, I know gas" and he was right.  *Ahem*  Anyway... no contractions yet :).

Pain
The sciatic nerve pain I was experiencing last week has pretty much gone away.  I'm guessing the baby has changed positions and I'm very grateful :).  I can actually halfway control my waddle now since I can walk without limping.

Nesting
I haven't really done much of any nesting yet.  I did get some fabric to sew a couple of Boppy pillow covers but haven't finished them yet.  They're on the list :).  I'm planning on pre-making some meals to freeze (I did it with Logan and they were SO helpful) but I'm waiting to do that until sometime in November.  Let me know if you're interested in helping ;).

That's about it for now.  Will be back in another week!

No comments:

Post a Comment