Thursday, August 8, 2013

22 Weeks

Today was a good day :).

I had my 22 week checkup this morning at 9:30.  I went into work first and started getting a little worried about my blood pressure because I was trying to hurry through things at work so that I could get things done before I left.  I felt like I had been drinking a lot of caffeine because I was kind-of jittery, but I think I was just a little nervous.  Once I got to the OB office, I was fine.  I have gained 4 lbs since my last appointment, which I was expecting.  My appetite has been crazy the past few weeks.  I must be making up for the first 19 weeks :P.  I'm not too worried about it, though, because compared to my starting weight I have only gained 4 lbs, which is not too bad.  My doctor wants me to stay between 20-30 total and I think that's a pretty doable goal.

I'm always nervous about my blood pressure because the doctor said they won't let me try a VBAC if I have any blood pressure issues.  Just the fact that he said that makes me worried that my BP will ruin my chances.  When the nurse took it today she said it was 116/60, which is pretty much awesome.  I don't know if she was right, though, because I don't think it has ever been that good.  It's always normal (120/80), but I'll take it anyway.

While I was waiting in my exam room, I heard the doctor next door saying "I have to go right now to delivery, I have to go deliver" and a nurse came in shortly after to tell me he had to leave.  I figured I would wait for him instead of rescheduling and he came back about 40 minutes later (kudos to the mom who pushed her baby out that fast! ;)).  He measured my belly, listened to the heartbeat, asked a few questions and ended by talking about my ultrasounds.  He confirmed that Dr. Trevett (ultrasound doctor) said everything looked great on my last scan, Jason and I are still declining invasive testing (amniocentesis), and said he was happy with everything he had seen and heard.  He said from now on, he will consider this a normal pregnancy and ended by telling me to keep eating sensibly and enjoy my pregnancy :).  Jason and I have been praying and believing for a while that this IS a normal pregnancy, so it wasn't really news to hear it from the doctor but it was a nice affirmation.

Anyway, on to the weekly highlights:

Appetite:
Like I mentioned above, my appetite is back with a vengeance.  I have to pack a ton of snacks to take to work or else I will be starving all day.  I'm trying to find healthy snacks (mostly fruit) but every once in a while I just have to eat some Pringles because they're staring at me in the checkout line... don't judge :).

Movement:
The baby must've changed positions earlier this week because now I'm feeling every kick, jab, turn, etc.  She's VERY active and I'm loving every minute of it.  My boss will have to get used to seeing me sit at my desk with a blank look on my face because I'm concentrating on the baby kicks.  It brings a nice little break from the everyday tasks at work.

Energy:
Whoever said women get energy back in the 2nd trimester was lying... at least this time.  I did have more energy with Logan, but I wasn't chasing a 2 year-old Logan around ;).  I also wasn't working full-time during my pregnancy with him.  I think those are the main factors that are making me so tired but I'm sure it could be any number of things.  A lot of nights I can't help falling asleep on the couch while watching tv.  Hopefully some of that energy will find me soon.

Nursery:
We picked out a paint color so now we just need to start rearranging furniture to get the room ready.  We're starting with the office and made some good progress with throwing a bunch of old junk away.  Once we have it cleared out, we will move Jason's man room stuff downstairs, move the guest room furniture into his current man room, and that will open up the nursery for painting and decorating.  Whew.  I'm hoping we can get everything done soon, before I get bigger and even more tired.  If anyone would like to come over for a cleaning/moving party, let me know ;).

I think that's about it for now.   Time to go to bed :).

No comments:

Post a Comment