Thursday, August 29, 2013

25 Weeks

And here we are at my favorite number 25!

It has been a pretty good week as far as pregnancy symptoms go.  I'm still really tired... really really tired, but other than that I'm not having a whole lot of pain or discomfort.  I guess I'll just jump right into this week's details :).

Movement
I warned Jason tonight that this baby might even be more active than Logan was and he responded with something like "don't you dare say that".  We've been hoping that this one will be a bit more 'chill' but so far it's not feeling like that will happen.  She gets excited whenever I eat, when I sit at my desk at work, when I get into bed at night, and lots of times in-between.  I'm enjoying all the kicks, though.  She's a strong little girl!

Pains
As I mentioned above, I haven't had many this week.  I have had more round ligament pains, though, which I'm assuming mean my uterus/belly is growing more.  I have to be careful when I stand up after sitting, even for just a few minutes, because they can hurt pretty bad if I move too quickly.

Waddling
I should've learned this long ago, but don't ask your spouse questions that you don't want to hear the honest answer to.  We went on a walk last night and I asked, "I haven't been waddling yet, have I?" and he hesitated too long before answering "Umm... sometimes".  Agh, I was hoping to avoid the waddle for another month or more but I guess that isn't happening.  Oh well... it was bound to happen.

Big Brother
Logan felt the baby kick for the first time this week.  It was so sweet to see his tiny little hand on my belly and his face light up when he felt the kick.  I'm hoping I'll remember moments like that :). 

Appetite
My appetite has calmed down a little bit this week, which is nice.  I don't like feeling hungry every 30 minutes and I'm trying to keep my snacks as healthy as possible.  If there's one summer-related thing I'm thankful for, it's the fresh fruit.  I've been loving the southern peaches, bananas, raspberries, and cherries that are everywhere down here.  There is a fruit stand near my work that has the best peaches I think I've ever eaten.  SO good. 

Name
I still don't know if we're 100% settled on her name, but we do have one that we've come full-circle on that we like.  Only time will tell if it's "the one" :).

I think that's all for now.  I have my glucose test next week so I'm praying that I'll pass it with flying colors!  Not looking forward to it but I especially don't want to take the 4-hour fasting test if I fail this one.

Oh, and as a side note, our 7th wedding anniversary is coming up next Monday, woot woot!  It also marks 3 years since I found out I was pregnant with Logan :).  Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment