Saturday, August 24, 2013

24 Weeks

Another week has passed and I keep thinking about how crazy it is... the weeks just seem to be flying by!  I've been feeling alright this week but still really tired.  I think my schedule, while unavoidable, is just wearing me down.  I'm trying to do my best, though :).

Pain
I've been experiencing a lot of different pains and discomforts this week, which I'm sure is pretty normal at this point.  My left rib still hurts whenever the baby ventures to that side but there's really nothing I can do about it besides try to position myself in a way to relieve some of the pain.  I've been having more round ligament and groin pain, which I attribute to the baby growing.  I haven't felt anything that has been a red flag for premature labor, so I don't think there's really anything to worry about.

Appetite
I still don't have much of an appetite but I'm trying my best to make as many healthy choices as I can.  I've been eating a lot of fresh fruit (yay for living in the land of peaches!) and for breakfast I've been making my pre-pregnancy favorite called "overnight oats" which consists of uncooked oats, greek yogurt, almond milk, 1/2 banana, dash of cinnamon, and a handful of fresh raspberries.  I put it in the fridge overnight and in the morning it's soooo yummy.  I still haven't had many cravings but I did have one this week and got criticized on Facebook for posting about it.  Ugh... if only moms were more supportive of each other.  Anyway, enough of that :).

Other physical stuff
My already sparse eyelashes have been falling out, leaving me with bald spots on my eyelids.  If anyone has wondered why I wear eyeliner, that should make it easy to figure out.  Before I was pregnant, I used some lash growth serum but I stopped as soon as I found out I was pregnant.  I have one from a cosmetic brand that makes a lot of safe and natural products but I still don't feel comfortable about using it right now.  I've also been getting a crazy twitch under my right eye for the past week.  I did some research and it sounds like it's another common symptom of pregnancy along with being tired (always) and stressed (can't say I am) so I might just have to wait it out and hope it passes.

Movement
This baby is crazy active, possibly even more than Logan was.  I love feeling her bump around, though.  A few days ago after I had just gotten Logan out of bed, I told him that the baby was bumping momma's tummy and he started cracking up laughing.  His reaction was really funny but I guess the thought of a baby bumping inside a tummy would be pretty humorous to a 2-year-old :).

Cleaning/Rearranging
Jason and I made some good headway in the cleaning department this week.  We went through most of the old boxes in our office (an accumulation of items we've collected from college through the last 7 years of marriage) and now our garbage can is overflowing.  Jason moved his 'man room' furniture downstairs into the office so we have almost half of the rearranging finished.  We just need to move the guest room furniture into the former 'man room' and paint the nursery.  Then we can hit up Ikea and make her room look all girly and prettified :).

Swelling
Yep, I'm getting more of it.  If anyone wonders why I complain about temperatures creeping back up into the 80's, that's the main reason.  It's uncomfortable and it makes my fingers, feet, and ankles swell up more.  Just bear with me and my complaining for a little while longer, please ;).

Well, I think that just about covers most of this week's info.  I'm starting to think more about my birth plan so I'll probably be posting that fairly soon.  I know I have a lot of time before I'll need it, but I want to make sure I put plenty of thought into it since my goal is to achieve a VBAC.

25 weeks, here we come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment