Sunday, August 18, 2013

23 Weeks

Only 17-ish left to go!

I've been slacking a little this week, so this post is a few days late.  Logan has been working on getting a molar through, so that has added some "excitement" to the week (low grade fever, crankiness, etc.).  On top of that, Jason and I are trying to get things cleaned out of our office so that we can start moving furniture and whatnot to open up a room for the baby.  Lots of fun stuff going on here!

Anyway, not a whole lot has changed this week.  I still have heartburn and I still feel pregnant.  Actually, I feel like my belly popped again earlier this week.  One day at work I just felt like I was considerably bigger around the midsection.  Funny how that works... or not?  Unfortunately my coworkers didn't disagree when I asked if my belly looked bigger.  It was bound to happen eventually :). 

Swelling
My ankles and feet have been swelling more this week than they had before.  My hands, while normally large, have been feeling puffier as well.  Fun times.  There are times when my rings still feel like they're going to slip off my finger but then later in the day I won't be able to take them off because my fingers are swollen.  I have a feeling I'll need to buy a simple necklace to wear my wedding band on soon.

Energy
I have none.  I remember when I was around this stage of my pregnancy with Logan I had a lot more energy.  That's not the case this time around.  I feel exhausted almost constantly.  Whenever I'm at home I end up falling asleep on the couch, sometimes multiple times!  I'm almost looking forward to nesting because I could use a burst of energy.

Movement
The baby is very active!  Today I felt her kicks from the outside of my belly for the first time... and I saw them too!  I tried getting Logan to come feel but he acted shy and walked away.  He doesn't quite know what to think about it, I guess.  I'm glad the movements can finally be felt from the outside, though :).  It's more fun when I'm not the only one feeling the kicks.

Name
Still nothing decided.  Whenever I try to think about different names, I just go back to the same ones we've talked and disagreed about.  I've kind-of gotten to the point where I just say "God, you know her name... please help us to know what it is."  We'll figure it out within the next 17-ish weeks :).

Cravings
I had a craving last week and it was for french toast.  My friend from work and I went to Cracker Barrel for lunch and we both had breakfast.  It was glorious!  I haven't really had any cravings since, though.  I never really have a specific taste for anything, I just get really hungry and have to make myself eat something.

Well, I think that just about covers everything.  I'll update again on Wednesday or Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment